Usage Details

redbullmarky

Hi all

This may not be much a design issue, but might be something more suitable for the local crowd to answer...

Recently, I've developed a nice framework, but as many of the functions/classes/methods are recycled from old stuff, alot of it is kinda rusty, deprecated, etc and I wish to get rid. Also, each time I package up the files of a new site (built on the framework) for a client, I don't need to include files that are completely unused - and don't necessarily wanna go through the whole thing picking out what I have/havent used, either

I currently have one main installation of my framework which happily drives about 4 sites (plus God knows how many development sites ontop of that, but that's a different story...)

What I wanna do is determine if there's a way (ideally without code, but open to suggestions) to:

a) determine what files PHP is including during a complete site run (obviously this will differ page to page, but if there's a report I can get, I can handle the rest)

b) determine ALL functions/methods that PHP is calling so I can easily trace and get rid of the old junk ones I don't use without breaking anything in other sites.

If PHP is able to tell me the answer to "a" above, then I could easily write something that would pull all the relevent framework files together when it comes to packaging it all up, so removing the need to include my entire framework.

I don't mind getting down and dirty with something lower level than PHP if it's the only way to go, but if there is anything I'm missing or any tools I could be using, please share ;D

Cheers

Mark

In order to see which files are included you can use get_included_files()

For tracing you can see if debug_print_backtrace() works for your needs, this will also show included files.

get_included_files() definitely does the trick in one respect - odd i'd never come across that before, so thanks - thats great!

debug_backtrace / debug_print_backtrace seem to only show a couple or three "steps" - ideally i'm looking at something with the ability of tracking every function call through the whole start to finish, if indeed that's possible.

anyways - cheers for the help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.