• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ryoku

Ryoku
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:10 PM

Well I know this is a repetitive post and more than likely in the wrong section but I need some serious help in setting up my Apache.

I have it working and displaying the default HTML file for English; that’s about it for it though. What I want to do is set up a server so I can have users click and download files either from an HTML file or simply by viewing the drive/folder\'s content. I\'m so inexperienced I was easily dazed by the config file and that of any online tutorial. I can\'t understand half of it and would just like someone to help me get threw this so I can move on with the development of my site and sub-sites there of.

I hope someone answers this because this is pretty much the only place I see as fitting to answer this question. I have been to about 4 other sites, going threw the hassle of registering and logging in, hunting down IRC rooms with little help or no users on and almost three weeks has past since I made any progress on my own. I really don’t understand this stuff but I’d like a little help if someone can find the kindness.

Please wait till someone tries to help me before this is moved (if its in the wrong section)

Thank you,

Ryoku

#2 effigy

effigy
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 19 May 2003 - 03:12 PM

if you want users to access files by going to a directory which then lists the files, you need to make a Directory directive for that directory which looks like this:

<Directory /full/path/to/directory>
Options +Indexes
</Directory>

Regexp | Unicode Article | Letter Database
/\A(e)?((1)?ff(?:(?:ig)?y)?|f(?:ig)?)\z/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users