Apache Installation

Ryoku

Well I know this is a repetitive post and more than likely in the wrong section but I need some serious help in setting up my Apache.

I have it working and displaying the default HTML file for English; that’s about it for it though. What I want to do is set up a server so I can have users click and download files either from an HTML file or simply by viewing the drive/folder\'s content. I\'m so inexperienced I was easily dazed by the config file and that of any online tutorial. I can\'t understand half of it and would just like someone to help me get threw this so I can move on with the development of my site and sub-sites there of.

I hope someone answers this because this is pretty much the only place I see as fitting to answer this question. I have been to about 4 other sites, going threw the hassle of registering and logging in, hunting down IRC rooms with little help or no users on and almost three weeks has past since I made any progress on my own. I really don’t understand this stuff but I’d like a little help if someone can find the kindness.

Please wait till someone tries to help me before this is moved (if its in the wrong section)

Thank you,

Ryoku

if you want users to access files by going to a directory which then lists the files, you need to make a Directory directive for that directory which looks like this:

<Directory /full/path/to/directory>

Options +Indexes

</Directory>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.