Where is php.ini file?

I am using PHP V.5.1.2

When I open "phpinfo.php", the record says " configuration File (php.ini) Path - C:\WINDOWS "

However, when I get into Windows, I could not find the php.in file, even in hidden files.

Please advise where the file rests!!!

Many thanks!!!

If PHP is reporting that then it can't find your php.ini

Make sure you have renamed php.ini-recommended (which is located in PHP's installation folder) to just php.ini and that you have moved the php.ini to the WINDOWS directory.

NOTE: Only move the php.ini if you have not added your PHP folder to the Windows PATH Variable.

I succeed in creating C:\WINDOWS\php.ini by movng the file folder from the installation.

I restarted the Apache server.

BUT, phpino(), STILL shows C:\WINDOWS without the php.ini included on the screen.

Is that something goes wrong and that php.ini hasn't been moved under WINDOWS directory?

i'm not sure about windows, but on Linux, you can have as many php.ini files as you want and place them in a directory and your phpinfo() would show that directory as the location of php.ini

for example, one of our clients servers at work has the following path to php.ini:

/etc/php.d/

and the folder '/etc/php.d/' contains many .ini files pertaining to a specific extension of PHP.

the most effective way to determine if your PHP settings are working as they should would be to make a change in your current php.ini and restart the web server and have a look at phpinfo() again to determine if the changes you made are reflected in it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.