• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mitchw_17

mitchw_17
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Can you insert a form inside a form?? Reason I ask is, I want the user to be able to click on a button located within the form and be took to a seperate page

#2 Masna

Masna
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

I'm a bit confused...are you trying to submit some variables in a form, to another form? If so, just do it as you regularly would, but implement the $_POST array of variables into the second form, as hiddens if need be.
I like LoL.

#3 mitchw_17

mitchw_17
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

No, not passing variables through to another form. What I want is the user to click on a button in the form and be redirected to another page. I have tried the onClick button but still doesn't work

[!--quoteo(post=354516:date=Mar 13 2006, 02:50 PM:name=Masna)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Masna @ Mar 13 2006, 02:50 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm a bit confused...are you trying to submit some variables in a form, to another form? If so, just do it as you regularly would, but implement the $_POST array of variables into the second form, as hiddens if need be.
[/quote]

#4 Zane

Zane
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I want the user to be able to click on a button located within the form and be took to a seperate page[/quote]
are you talking about having two separate submit buttons?
I couldn't think of any reason to have a nested form, seems kinda redundant....only reason I could think of is if you wanted to make a certain field mandatory which can be done with a CGI/Javascript anyway.

btn_donate_SM.gif Want to thank me? Contribute to my PayPal piggy-bank

172938.png

#5 hitman6003

hitman6003
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

Inside your form use this:

<input type="button" value="clicky" onclick="javascript: window.location.href='someotherpage.php'">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users