Help please

zork

Hi ive installed apache on my home computer no problem and can see my web pages etc etc.

My problem is that other people on the net cant see my web pages, i know this is going to be simply solution. But being a noob to all this ive only learnt the basics in the past 5 days and got apache PHP MYSQL and perl to work in this time on my homepc.

How do i get my web pages noticed on the net. Im with BT openworld so my ip changes everytime i log on to the net. Ive gone with NO-IP as a dynamic web name. This of coarse monitors my ip address adn updates accordingly. so my static address is http://mythenquai.no-ip.info. Which part of http.cong file do i need to change ?

This of coarse monitors my ip address adn updates accordingly

How is this done?? How will the site recognize u when u are online and update the new IP??

I guess u have to visit the link and autheticate urself and which inturn would update the new IP u have.

So ensure that ua re following the correct procedure.

hi . Ever time i log on here on my home computer a little program runs and connects to the NO-IP server and adjusts the ip address.

I think its something to do with HTTP.CONF file i must have missed something. My server runs smooth as a nut as a localhost no problem, just cant get i recogonised on the NET.

What part of the HTTP.conf would i have to change..

Me is still learning the hard way..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.