Passing variable from one page to another

dnzone

My problem is like this: -

This is the address that I type "http://localhost/phprog/node.php?pgnodes=0"

But the node.php page return this message
"PHP Notice: Undefined variable: pgnodes in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phprog\node.php on line 9
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: pgnodes in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phprog\node.php on line 25
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: pgnodes in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phprog\node.php on line 46"

I don't understand why so can anybody help me... thanks.

Extra info:-
my OS Windows XP Service pack 2 & i am running the php page under Windows XP IIS web server.

Sorry just now i think you want the scirpt file so i ask for your email because i try to paste the code in but i can's submit it. I get a error page.

Line 9 code is like this
echo "Current pgnodes is ",$pgnodes;

Line 24 code is like this
if ( $pgnodes != 0 )

Line 46 code is like this
<input type="hidden" name="node" value="<?php echo $pgnodes;?>"><br />

[!--quoteo(post=354803:date=Mar 14 2006, 04:25 PM:name=txmedic03)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(txmedic03 @ Mar 14 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]354803[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Just post the code.
[/quote]

The code for the line have been posted please help thanks.

if ( $pgnodes != 0 )

if pgnodes NOT = 0 echo statement

[code]
<?
if ($pgnodes !=0)
{
}
?>
or

if pgnodes NOT = 0 echo form statement

<?
if ($pgnodes !=0)
?>
[/code]

I DONT UNDRSTAND YOUR PROBLAM PLEASE EXSPLAIN THANK YOU.

My problem is like this I have two php page. One is Forum.php and the other one is call node.php. Forum.php is the main page and when i click the link it will then call the node.php and at the same time pass the value click in the forum.php to the node.php's variable name $pgnodes. the problem now is that everytime i click the link from Forum.php to open the node.php, the node.php page will display the php error stated in my post above.

can you help me to solve the problem. thanks.

[!--quoteo(post=354811:date=Mar 14 2006, 09:02 AM:name=dnzone)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(dnzone @ Mar 14 2006, 09:02 AM) [snapback]354811[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
My problem is like this I have two php page. One is Forum.php and the other one is call node.php. Forum.php is the main page and when i click the link it will then call the node.php and at the same time pass the value click in the forum.php to the node.php's variable name $pgnodes. the problem now is that everytime i click the link from Forum.php to open the node.php, the node.php page will display the php error stated in my post above.

can you help me to solve the problem. thanks sorry got it.
[/quote]

Line 9 code is like this

if ( $pgnodes != 0 )

Show the code line of 9, 25 46 code from node.php ok.

line 9 should be ok know i hope.

What is pgnodes set to.
[code]
echo "Current pgnodes is ".$pgnodes;
[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=354819:date=Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM:name=redarrow)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redarrow @ Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]354819[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

Ok the code for line 9 is like this
[code]echo "Current pgnodes is ",$pgnodes;[/code]

the code for the line 25 is like this
[code]if ( $pgnodes != 0 )[/code]

the code for the line 46 is like this
[code]<input type="hidden" name="node" value="<?php echo $pgnodes;?>"><br />[/code]

Is there any problem with my code...

[!--quoteo(post=354819:date=Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM:name=redarrow)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redarrow @ Mar 14 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]354819[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Line 9 code is like this

if ( $pgnodes != 0 )

line 9 should be ok know i hope.
What is pgnodes set to.
[code]
echo "Current pgnodes is ".$pgnodes;
[/code]
[/quote]

pgnodes is set to 0

You might want to change any instances of [b]$pgnodes;[/b] to [b]$_GET['pgnodes'];[/b] as you're using pgnodes; to get the variable value form the url which is incorrect as you dont have register_globals turned on. Instead you have it turned off which it should!

When you have register_globals turned off you have to use the superglobal arrays found [a href=\"http://uk.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php\" target=\"_blank\"]here[/a].

[!--quoteo(post=354835:date=Mar 14 2006, 06:39 PM:name=wildteen88)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wildteen88 @ Mar 14 2006, 06:39 PM) [snapback]354835[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
You might want to change any instances of [b]$pgnodes;[/b] to [b]$_GET['pgnodes'];[/b] as you're using pgnodes; to get the variable value form the url which is incorrect as you dont have register_globals turned on. Instead you have it turned off which it should!

When you have register_globals turned off you have to use the superglobal arrays found [a href=\"http://uk.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php\" target=\"_blank\"]here[/a].
[/quote]

Thanks for the help guys. as it turn out i just need to use the $_GET['pgnodes']. Special Thanks to wildteen88

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.