php for a web app

jasper182

Hello.  I am currently developing a web app in php.  Its going well, but I was wondering how php scales.  I'm not expecting a huge user base, at least at first, but if the app takes off, can php handle a large traffic load?  Also, do you guys know any howto's or faq's about creating a web at and how to successfully host it for a large user base?  Any advice you guys have on the subject would be much appreciated, seeing how I've never worked on anything like this before.  Thanks.

I'd just like a basic guide to web servers.  Things like building a site that will scale well, when/how to host a single site over several servers to increase speeds, just things like that.  I don't have much experience with that stuff, so I was hoping some users here have experience with this stuff.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.