dev site

dguilloryjr

i am working on moving my php site from one server to another so right now i am trying to move my DEV site. you can see on www.live8081.com the php info pages shows up, but www.live8081.com/indexOLD.php shows a error...

anyone have any idea what that is, and how i can fix it...

yahoo messenger: venom2733

msn messenger dguilloryjr@msn.com

Thanks

Warning: main(EDIRECTORY_ROOT/layout/header.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'EDIRECTORY_ROOT/layout/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: html_selectbox() in

Make sure you've moved ALL of the files from your old site to new (to the correct directories). That's what the error messages are about.

ok can anyone tell me what the 1st one is about.

all the files should ne the same because i went into cpanel on the old server and did a HOME directory backup, do any of these error mean that i need to move over the files in the UPPER directory?

above the www folder

here is the code related to the 1st error...

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# HEADER

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

include(EDIRECTORY_ROOT."/layout/header.php");

$array = Array('A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P', 'Q', 'R', 'S', 'T', 'U', 'V', 'W', 'X', 'Y', 'Z');

$letterDropDown = html_selectBox("letter", $array, $array, $letter, "onchange=document.search.submit();", "class='input-dd-form-searchlisting'", "All Letters");

# define EDIRECTORY_ROOT to set things in motion.

define(EDIRECTORY_ROOT, $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]);

Where is that included into the page you posted earlier?

This is the indexOLD.php page Well some of it...

# HEADER

include(EDIRECTORY_ROOT."/layout/header.php");

$array = Array('A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P', 'Q', 'R', 'S', 'T', 'U', 'V', 'W', 'X', 'Y', 'Z');

$letterDropDown = html_selectBox("letter", $array, $array, $letter, "onchange=document.search.submit();", "class='input-dd-form-searchlisting'", "All Letters");

?>

Here is the config.inc.php well some of it...

# * FILE: /conf/config.inc.php

I was being sarcastic.

You failed to show how this line...

Was being included into the file causing the error.

My suggestion would be to replace all instances of EDIRECTORY_ROOT with $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]. There is simply NO POINT in trying to redefine a global constant like you have done.

The error_reporting() function only effects the script it is contained in. You can (if available) change your error reporting setting globally with your php.ini. Chances are your so called dev server has its default settings set too low in regard to error reporting.

well there was a company that developed this or them, i am just creating a dev site on another server. so i just copied the files from server a to server b

now i get this error, yeah it looks like they defined a global root as edirectory_root.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.