www.oleaa.net

clown[NOR]

A few things that hit me right off:

1. The banner isn't horrible, but there is a ton of wasted space. If you're going to have so little information and design in your banner, you should really try to make the banner smaller and more fitting to the content. Also, the whole "techie" feel doesn't really seem to fit with the rest of the site design.

2. There is a tremendous lack of color. You should try to implement some color somewhere on the site besides the background color of the column headings.

3. Paragraph spacing is lacking. You need to have a little padding around your content in your columns, and you should increase the line-height of your content text to aid users in ease of reading.

4. Don't use serif fonts for paragraph text... while serif fonts are wonderful for images and/or headings on screen, they do not lend themselves to a clean look for content text. You really need to look at using something else. Here are a few ideas to look at as possibilities: Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica.

5. Because your content is so small, the gigantic "save net radio" banner at the bottom is extremely distracting. I actually thought that was the theme of the site when I first visited the page. In addition to this, the XHTML and CSS valid links are also a little distracting. If you want to advertise the fact you have valid code, I'd recommend you go with one of the smaller image links or design your own that fits the design of your site more closely.

Hope these help you some.

Good luck!

thanks.. glad you liked my little projects :) coming more.. and yeah.. the header will be changes. but i'm not home atm.. but it will be changed today.. any ideas, besides the ones they've allready pointed out, on what I should change with it?

Also back on track, if you go

http://www.oleaa.net/?show=home

there, that link that is suppose to go to the IP script actually goes to the image one.

It works properly on the projects page, but not the homepage (just something I noticed when going over the site.

The other thing I noticed is you didn't have a contact form, it'll only take you 5 minutes to create one and will make someone contacting you a LOT more likely.

Dislikes

I don't like it at all compared to what I saw earlier.

On the old site I liked

* The way the headers looked

* That it was centered

* The graphic in the footer on all the pages.

You took all of those out and it lost a lot of the "appeal" that I originally felt for it.

1. You fixed the link

2. You added a contact us page.

Ideas

1. Change it back like it was originally

2. I had a lot more in mind for your contact page.  Based on your original layout I could in vision some really good

looking things for your form.  If you added in the right tint coloring to the form fields.  A lot of other ideas for that.

Very nice, in my opinion that is.

One thing I noticed is that in the banner there is this little box inside the graphics of the banner, like a border but it's inside the banner.  Is there anyway you could replicate that same border appearance (with imagery or something) around the site, I think that would look great.

In your banner if you look into the graphics you see a rectangle type object inside there (it's got a border around it), I think replicating that border around the site as well (around the sides of the site (maybe top/bottom but not sure), then it would look a lot better.

hmm... yeah I can try.. see what I figure out... but atm I'm working on some major changes on the site... adding some mysql and stuff.. actually really simple things, but major for me since I'm still learning everything :D

Now I think it looks "bad ass".

That is what I am talking about, very nice.

A few more ideas on it.

1. The contact form, make it within the same layout (same border and the navigation) - just advice.

2. I LOVE what you did with the about us page, very nice.

Very nice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.