www.oleaa.net

clown[NOR]

To cite a quote used on me when I started the forums a while back, the banner and border are what might be called Look-I-just-pirated-Photoshop-and-look-at-all-these-filters-esqe. It's not horrible, but it just doesn't do anything for the site. Also, there is still no color in the body really. One other note is that there is still no padding around the edges of your content within those boxes.

...and I hate to be the nay-sayer here, but what busi says he likes about the about us page looks really bad to me. It's way overkill on the borders, and it makes the page look more amateur.

As I stated before, overall, it's not horrible, but there are a lot of little nuances that could be improved.

thanks for the feedback obsidian.. I have added paddings on places I thought you ment, but looks like I missunderstood you then :) But I cant agree on what you say about the photoshop part. I used one filter nothing more (Motion Blur) What kind of colors would you like to see in the body? what is it that makes the about page look amateur? there's just some info about me. nothing more than that.. is it the border's around the text? the info?

Here is what your CSS looks like after I made a couple adjustments to better show you the spacing issue I was referring to:

body {
        line-height: 1.3em;
}

a:Hover {
text-decoration:underline;
color:#000000;
}
a:Link {
}
a:Active {
}
a:Visited {
}

tr,td,div {
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
}

td {
        padding: 3px;
}

#header {
font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-size:16px;
font-weight:bold;
}

This throws off your alignment a tad since you're using tables for your layout, but that can be fixed, too. I didn't necessarily mean that you used a ton of filters on the banner, but it looks as though it was thrown together. There doesn't seem to be any real point to it. It's not bad, it just doesn't really add anything to the site for me, that's all ;)

link=topic=138600.msg591043#msg591043 date=1178302020]

but if I change from td to for example #td can i then just change specific td's by using the id="" on the td tag?

You can certainly reference specific table cells with ids, but you'd be better off learning to use classes. Just put something like class="spacer" on the td tags that you wish to pad more, and then you can reference those cells like so:

td.spacer {
  padding: 3px;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.