are 2 db's better than one?

ijasont

I am making a simple web based game that is completely db driven.

My question(s) are:

1) while Mysql can easily handle my expected traffic (about 150 simultaneous users). Should I make two db\'s to lesson on load? One for player stats, info the other for game tables and change tables?

2) IF I should use to db\'s should I keep them on different servers to prevent server overload?

Note: I am running current versions of mysql and php and plan to have medium level hosting package from W3Freaks.

- other similar online games (mafia.org and projectrockstar.com) get really slow with over 200 users. I am concerned about mysql crashing from to many simultaneous requests.

Thanks for the tips.

I dont think ist necessary

DB is just a logical identifier to show the content u have under that.

IF I should use two db\'s should I keep them on different servers to prevent server overload?

The problem u might face in this case if one server goes off u will have a tough time........

I dont think there is a real need....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.