"Permission denied" with file_get_contents()

Jeremysr

A couple of weeks ago I searched for something on Google about storing a webpage into a variable and it said to use file_get_contents(). I tried and it worked. I remember it said sometimes websites would block it though, and it showed some code for a workaround. But I ignored that part because just file_get_contents() worked for me.

But NOW, I need to use this function again (my program will get the URLs of a bunch of webcomics I want to download.) And now it says "permission denied" for the site I'm accessing. I tried searching Google and couldn't get the site I was at before or anything else that worked. :-\

So, can someone here help me with this please?

Try setting directory permissions to 777 (but note that it'll cause a major security hole).

He obviously has no control over these remote sites.

You'll want to take a look at the curl extension. I would say your getting denied errors because you are blatantly ripping content. With curl, you can make it look like your an actual browser making a normal request.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.