Your Good PHP IDE

• 2 weeks later...

The Best one is Zend Studio.

And the Better one is the Notepad++.

and the good one is PHP designer 2007.

zend studio is not free plus anyways, if you were going to send 300(I think the standard is just crap for 100) your money would be but placed into a stable program(built in C++ and not java) like what I use, PhpED.  Zend may have 1 or two thing on PhpED right now like code folding(PhpED now in version 5 does have it just not support for control statements yet).  the one thing the zend studio does have is Code Analyzer but for the few weeks I tried that product it crashed on me about have a dozen times and the startup time ranged from 20 secs to 2 mins(only once but still).

If you edit the lax file then Zend studio would get faster.

And if i knew C++ well enough, I code write my own editor to make it run faster.  I should not have to edit their program files to make it run better, it would be a different story if I wanted it to run different or something but not to make it perform better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No vi users?

Yeah, I'm a huge vim fan. Haven't used any other text editor in years.

While I am a huge fan of VI for editing... Managing 'large' projects can get a bit ridiculous. At least for me ;x

I'm currently using eclipse. It's not perfect and I'm still on the lookout for another page, but highlighting is flawless, the debugging is pretty good and I like the class overview when you're on a page with classes on.

My biggest wish would be that it showed me my class layouts for all classes. Eg if I include db.class.php in index.php, it would show me the methods of the db class, instead of just any functions in index.php

No errors I've found, the only things I'd change would be a couple of useability issues. It's pretty fast for a java program :)

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.