getfile ?

l3lade

You can't write a script that sits on the server and forces a download to the client!!!! It would be a very dangerous world if that were common place.

The best you could do is e-mail the file as an attachment. At least you can do that in a cron job and still not have to worry about the destination machine being on or not.

ok now im getting problems with that. i get this error

[code]Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DNUMBER, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 8[/code]

useing this code (but with pass login and server ip)

[code]<?php

// define some variables
$local_file = 'local.zip';
$server_file = 'server.zip';

// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($***.***.**.***);

// login with username and password
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $******, $******);

// try to download $server_file and save to $local_file
if (ftp_get($conn_id, $local_file, $server_file, FTP_BINARY)) {
   echo "Successfully written to $local_file\n";
} else {
   echo "There was a problem\n";
}

// close the connection
ftp_close($conn_id);

?>[/code]

i took it away and still have the error. i found out that if i take away the decimals i get this error

[code]Warning: ftp_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 8

Warning: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 11

Warning: ftp_get() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 14
There was a problem
Warning: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 21[/code]

ps. this is a game server and the ip: 195.149.21.123 and this works in smart ftp and in the windows network thing but im not sure if its right for this :S

ok i can feel that were clos now, but im getting this error

[code]Warning: ftp_login(): Please tell me who you are in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 11

Warning: ftp_get(): Error opening mani_ranks.txt in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 14
There was a problem[/code]

could this be to do with the conn_id thing?

ok so now it takes ages to load whitch at first i was happy about but once it had done i get this error

[code]
Warning: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 11

Warning: ftp_get() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 14
There was a problem
Warning: ftp_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/rmmsclan/public_html/main/mani_stats/ranks/index.php on line 21[/code]

... what im i doing now?

also it overwrites the old file with an empty one

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.