Kontactr.com - One Click Contact Forms

.Darkman

What I mean is that all he is saying is what his site is capable of and what it does for the users he plans on getting from these forums, not asking if the site looks good across all browsers, if there are any design problems, or anything like that.

To me, this is an advertisement.

Yes, you made an ADVERTISEMENT.

It gets better. You say on your site:

Kontactr is a one-click contact form service. Day by day, the amount of spam a person receives is increasing. It is mainly due the public display of your email addresses. Kontactr eliminates this problem. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3...

... and you spam yourself... Funny how people contradict themselves often.

Anyway, I actually really like the idea of your website, but it is sorta pointless.

People who would most likely use your site, do not "publically" give away their email. They don't post a page or something on the internet as their email. At least on a page that would be popular enough to be spammed crazy style. On the other hand, web creators who do share their email to the public pages that may be popular can create their own spam free methods. So it is pretty useless.

The layout is good and it seems to work. The domain name is really bad. Its random. why kontact and then just 'r'?

Hope your site works out as you plan it to.

I wonder does hitting F5 after doing a post, resend the email. I done it on http://kontactr.com/user/hari for a few times.

The website itself is fairly clean.

I dont know whats wrong with sending ppl a simple email rather than a contact form. I always have my email client open and ready.

But its different - its an idea. Hope it goes good for you.

-steve

I wonder does hitting F5 after doing a post, resend the email. I done it on http://kontactr.com/user/hari for a few times.

Thanks for that test. It did send me the mail 31 times. I have now fixed it.

Thanks,

I dont know whats wrong with sending ppl a simple email rather than a contact form. I always have my email client open and ready.

You can send people email directly. But you don't give your email address to strangers. So this is a way to protect your email address.

We are experimenting AJAX feature for embedded contact forms. Feel free to test it out at : http://kontactr.com/ajax/contact.html

The only thing I see wrong with that is that there is no back link when you type in the wrong security code. I can't go back, even with Firefox's back button (it's disabled).

Yes. Actually you'll have to refresh the page (your typed info will not be lost. security code will change).

We will have to make something so that user can go back.

Trying the new ajax form....

I inserted an incorrect email address, it said:

"Invalid

Your email address seems to be invalid. Please use a valid email address."

...perfect. Now - I want to go back and adjust my minor mistake. How? The back button is disabled and you have to <a href> link back.

Now - as for the whole idea of contact forms. You said "So this is a way to protect your email address". But you still have to type in your email address into the contact form! Also - its much easier to fake a contact form than sending a simple email.

Anyhoo...maybe its just me thats against contact forms. Probably because I have seen them as honeypots for sending spam.

-steve

If you are sending me a mail through my contact form, it is not a way to protect your email address. it is to protect mine.

As far, you entering your email, you are not going to contact any sites that you don't trust.

" it is not a way to protect your email address. it is to protect mine."

of course. A slight oversight by me there.

I wouldn't trust a site that hides behind a web contact form. Of course it depends on the nature of the business/company.

Anyways, best of luck with it. I hope you get the problem fixed that I mentioned above. Its the same for the security code. If you enter the code incorrectly, you can't get back and you loose your message.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.