[SOLVED] cryptographical "Country-Based" laws.

Ninjakreborn

If I had a client, that was based out of a specific country that did not allow the use of cryptography because of the "Cryptography Laws" they released can I be legally held responsible for building "them" something.

Meaning if they are from a state that outlaws it, and I build them a site targeted towards general public, am I still breaking the law.

On another note why have they even created cryptography laws in the first place.

I'm no lawyer, but I doupt you would be held responsible as long as you made sure the client knew about it.

The client could run the site, hosted from another country anyway.

On another note why have they even created cryptography laws in the first place.

Because the world is paranoid.

again, as long as you host it in a different country where the law does prohibit that type of site or whatever you should be fine. But don't pass on a project for this reason...you should do it regardless, your client takes full responsibility of what they do with their sites so it would be on them :)

again, as long as you host it in a different country where the law does prohibit that type of site

I don't know if english is your first language, but I think you use the wrong word there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.