*SOLVED, I think* Code tags

The originator of this topic in the Newbie forum had a problem inserting code.

[a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88671\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88671[/a]

When I replied with sample code, I got an error.

A programming forum which doesn't allow code is as much use as a chocolate teapot. What's happening?

I've been having problems on both of the forums when file functions are put in the post. I have to put spaces inbetween, for example, f and open for it to post.

Very frustrating when your trying to post and have a few f write functions in the code.

I was noticing the other day, cause I thought my internet was being slow, that the code for the fourm's pages is very large. For example, if you do a save as, on the main display page for PHP Help, and check the size of the resulting .htm file and the directory containing additional files, it's almost 500k. If every page is 500k, that's a HUGE ammount of bandwidth every month. Even if you take into account cacheing on most people's browsers, that's a lot of bandwidth...probably still 200 - 250K for every page load.

I don't know if bandwidth is a cost issue, but it may be worth considering.

Yeah I have had the problem too, only when using code that included fwrite and fread and similar.

Other code was fine. (just adding my 2 cents)

Would love to know if/when it is fixed, (also will try using spaces to seperate them)

[!--quoteo(post=356865:date=Mar 21 2006, 05:23 AM:name=AV1611)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AV1611 @ Mar 21 2006, 05:23 AM) 356865[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Well, as of the time of this post, it's still not working... I have a post I've been trying to post to help someone for a day and a half... and it had freads/writes, etc.. in it...

i've noticed a few things recently. yes it seems to be the fopen, fgets, etc that are causing the problems.

also i keep getting errors on firefox relating to the script having an error when loading the main phpfreaks forum page. a coding site with errors is also a little offputting, but seems like it's since alot of these ajax tooltips were introduced that things seem to have gone a bit pear shaped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.