http://oob.uk.to

JoeF

[a href=\"http://oob.uk.to\" target=\"_blank\"]Check us out here[/a]

Hey there! We only just opened up the user registration about 1 hour ago.

So we want some opinions of what you all think!

Thanks
Joe

I have to agree. It's pretty bad.

It's extremely dark, your contrast between your text color and the background isn't strong enough, you have no hover effects on the nav or elsewhere, and your "reds" don't even match across the site, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

I do like the logo, but the rest of the site needs a serious overhaul.

hey, ive read your replys, and those of some posts i made on other critique forums. And i dont understand why you all think about it so negatively. Everyone else off of forums says it looks good and theres no problems :S

When i view it, and many others the contrast is fine, the background isnt too dark, and the red text [b]is[/b] consistent, its a single style sheet, why wouldnt it be? And the navigation is fine and simple to use.

Could you please post a send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks

Look, if your users like it, you're ok with it, and there are no functional problems, why listen to a bunch of web designers who may not have a clue about what makes a website look good?

It's all about your opinion. You can agree or disagree with us. You're never going to make everyone happy.

I'll email you a screenshot.

I think the contrast is readable, but not necessarily good. It's just not a great color combo.

Also, the top appears to be cut off in firefox

[img src=\"http://www.multimedia-technologies.com/misc/cutoff.jpg\" border=\"0\" alt=\"IPB Image\" /]

I can send a bigger image if you can't see that.

hey,

If you wanna go back and have another look ive re-done the design of it, well mostly the colours, and tightened it all up abit. I think its a big improvement, a lot more professional, i didnt really spend much time on the design before this stage. What do you think about it?

I dunno whats wrong with it cutting off at the top. Ive ran tests with browsers cam, and it only seemed to cut it off in netscape, and was fine in firefox, everyone i know use's firefox n it works fine for them. Check again with this new layout it might be fine now hopefully. Trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks guys
Joe

Ditto, the colour scheme looks unprofessional. Looks like a rock band fan site. Plus I don't know what you're doing to your adsense but the ads are completely irrelevent, you'll get no click thrus. This was the top ad:

The Coming World War
Find out what Nostradamus says about the years 2006 - 2012.
Terrorism Experts
Read the latest research about mideast terrorism & terrorists

The bottom one carried 2 travel ads.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.