PHP Freaks : New Advertisements

We have signed a deal with Kontera to provide advertising on our websites. This is "inter-text" style meaning that certain words will be replaced with advertisements. Before you click the link look at what it is.

Now, I know some of you want to help us out and think that clicking like a maniac will make us alot of money. It wont! In fact, "over clicking" or "fake clicking" will do us harm and potentially cause us to lose our deal with this ad firm. So, only click on a link if it actually interests you. Clicking 5 links in a minute will flag your IP address and we won't get anything for your click. So, please be responsible. I know there's quite a few interesting ads, I've found a couple myself. Like I said, if its something you are truley interested in, then click it, otherwise, don't try to do us any fabulous favors!

Thanks for your support! Hopefully this will solve all of the issues with running sites like this.

Regards,

Hi, since implementing these new ads i keep recieiving an "unresponsive script" error from Firefox, and its annoying the hell outta me. on every page 90% of the time , the kona6.kontera.com script wont run and pops up an error msg. and when it does work, and does load, during loading the browser freezes for 2-3 secs. im using firefox latest build.

please sort this out as i cannot browse the site in peace! anyone else geting errors? or is it just me?

I'm getting the same problem, however i dont get a notice like you say, but FF does freeze for at least a secound or two this is because of the add service that has been installed. The pages display quickly but then the adservice adds in all the various ad links so this is why the page freezes.

[!--quoteo(post=356167:date=Mar 18 2006, 09:56 AM:name=wildteen88)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wildteen88 @ Mar 18 2006, 09:56 AM) 356167[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

I'm getting the same problem, however i dont get a notice like you say, but FF does freeze for at least a secound or two this is because of the add service that has been installed. The pages display quickly but then the adservice adds in all the various ad links so this is why the page freezes.

Yes, we see it too and we've contacted the ad agency regarding this. It's a matter of this: either we fund the site, or it goes away :( I think we can live with a second long delay for a short period of time until they get the issues solved.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

The Unresponsive Script problem is not unique to this site - it is quite common! It is caused by the new default settings of Firefox.

[!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]The solution is very simple[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] and will take you perhaps 30 seconds!

Look at this site: [a href=\"http://www.itchyhands.com/2006/01/07/fix-firefox-unresponsive-script-warnings\" target=\"_blank\"]Itchy Hands >> Fix Firefox unresponsive script...[/a]

[!--coloro:#FFCC33--][span style=\"color:#FFCC33\"][!--/coloro--][!--sizeo:5--][span style=\"font-size:18pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]******************************[!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

[!--quoteo(post=356271:date=Mar 18 2006, 05:52 PM:name=phpfreak)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(phpfreak @ Mar 18 2006, 05:52 PM) 356271[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Yes, we see it too and we've contacted the ad agency regarding this. It's a matter of this: either we fund the site, or it goes away :( I think we can live with a second long delay for a short period of time until they get the issues solved.

Regards,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.