PHP rather then Post Input

TRI0N

Still catching up on more secure ways to do things via PHP 5 and want to start implimenting them into structures I have created in the past on older PHP systems for clients as I begin to upgrade them to PHP 5.

Most important is the POST method using Input fields or hidden Input to pass thru to another step or portion of a website that forms use.

My question would be is there now a safer way to post data using PHP when a form is submitted or is there atleast a way to pass thru that data without use of Input Hidden using PHP for multi stepped forms?

Example would be lets say:

Step 1: Asks for the users credit information

Step 2: Asks for Personal Information and also continues to pass thru Credit Information

Step 3: Custimize Options /collects information that is passed thru.

Now I would not use this structure myself but as an example as to what I mean by not having the data be pass thru with Input Hidden in Step 2.  I wouldn't ask for Credit Info until the last step before being processed but there are other senstive data in steps that I would rather not be passed thru via Input Hidden.

Any suggestions would be great since I have a few ideas but want all aspects of possible solutions presented before I start making a new standard in scripting such.

No I was refering to more of what is passed thru using the Input Hidden.  Bacause you can always view source of a setp to obtain the field names to possible get the values.  I want to avoid that since the php code is not passive and will not give them the pleasure of seeing what is being passed thru.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.