• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff23

Jeff23
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:45 AM

Okay, I\'m not even sure if what I am asking is possible, but here goes. I would like to make it so that every week a variable in my table will change to a default value.

#2 shivabharat

shivabharat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 371 posts
  • LocationChennai, India

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:32 AM

Read more about cron jobs

We have a tutorial here to help you ppl. :wink:
Knowledge --- Reading Enriches Mind But Sharing Enhances It.[br][br]Note: Before you request help enusre that you have had a look at the tutorials @phpfreaks

#3 Jeff23

Jeff23
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:34 PM

I know. I read about it but I can\'t figure out how to get it to apply using myPHP. I was wondering if there were any alternatives or if someone could help me get a CRON job working with myPHP.

#4 shivabharat

shivabharat
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 371 posts
  • LocationChennai, India

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:27 AM

CRONJOB can be used only in linux or unix and it cant be used in windows

What is the OS u have ?
Knowledge --- Reading Enriches Mind But Sharing Enhances It.[br][br]Note: Before you request help enusre that you have had a look at the tutorials @phpfreaks

#5 gizmola

gizmola
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA USA

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:27 AM

I know. I read about it but I can\'t figure out how to get it to apply using myPHP. I was wondering if there were any alternatives or if someone could help me get a CRON job working with myPHP.

I\"m not familliar with myPHP, is it a stats package? Well at any rate, windows does have the Task scheduler that you can use in a similar manner to cron.

#6 Jeff23

Jeff23
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:09 PM

Yes, I have windows. What exactly do I have to do with the task manager (if it is the same thing that I have running my virus checker and whatnot every week)? You are being very helpful, thanks!

#7 gizmola

gizmola
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,664 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA USA

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:08 PM

Yes, I have windows.  What exactly do I have to do with the task manager (if it is the same thing that I have running my virus checker and whatnot every week)?  You are being very helpful, thanks!

Basically go into the scheduler which is under the accessories|system menu and add a new entry there that calls php.exe directly like so:

php -q yourscript.php > scriptstatus.html

You need to make sure that the php.exe was installed and not just the module. Write and test yourscript.php, and make sure it works first, accessing it through your browser though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users