PHP Calendar

Glyde

Well, this is a really simple, Vista/Office 2007/AJAX inspired calendar.  I have created just enough to display the events which I have manually put in the database, so don't go trying to add new events as it isn't yet possible.  Anyways, all I really want is for people to change months and have a look around, make sure everything looks right.  You can switch through the months and double click on a day to show the events for that day.  Tell me if you like the windows as well, and the ability to stack and move them.

Requirements:

- Browsers

- Tested - IE 7, Firefox 2.0.0.2, Opera 9

- Need Testing - Firefox < 2.0.0.2, Opera < 9, Safari

- Browser Specifics

- Javascript

This DOES NOT, SHOULD NOT and WILL NOT work in IE 6.  I resent anyone that actually adds support for a non-standards-compliant browser in CSS, HTML, and JS.  Plus, someone had to set the expiration date for this terrible excuse for a browser anyways.  It's not that I'm insulting internet explorer at all, because I believe IE 7 is a great browser (though I still think it has many issues and that Firefox is better, it's improvement for Microsoft).  IE 6 just came out before standards were a huge deal.  Now, I have no reason to code a project that has browser-specific hacks to emulate what a browser should support by default.

Also, please note that this doesn't currently account for user timezones.  All timezones are in perspective of the server.  This is definitely just a start, and I know that.  I just don't want to continue with a project if it's no good.

Looks cool. But when I scroll my mouse over the back/forward (and the x at the top right corner), it says "[object HTMLelement]" (as the title attribute). You might want to remove that.

Fixed.  It was a problem with the JS, not the HTML.  I'm still unaware of exactly how it happened since the JS never modified the title attribute of anything, but I managed to get that fixed.  Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.