Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

embj

PostGre Newbie, Help!

I am new to PostGre and would like to setup phpBB on it but, whenever I try to connect it says, \"The PHP configuration on your server doesn\'t support the database type that you chose.\" How can I make it so PostGre woud work with PHP? Thanks!

It sounds like postgresql support was not installed with your current version of php.

create a file called: phpinf.php which contains this:

[php:1:169120ff86]<?php

phpinfo();

?>[/php:1:169120ff86]

Point your browser to this file and examine the information it returns. I expect that this will provide verification that you will need to update your php installation to include postgresql support.

There should be a pgsql section, btw.

No, there isn\'t anything about PostGre. There is just something about odbc and mysql.

You need to install postgresql on your box, and then recompile/configure php so it supports that. Details should be on the postgresql and php.net sites.

Well, I looked on postgresql.com, php.net, and I have done a Google on it and have found nothing about configuring it in php.ini. Would anybody be kind enough to find a link for me? Thanks. :D

I also couldn’t find any info to help me configure PHP to use postgre, I also tried to use MYSQL in a previous installation but my server was crashing constantly. Any help would be appreciated.

My phpinf.php file is lacking the postgre area as stated above, that’s good to know but I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.