Stopping people from stealing my code

Humpty

G'day guys,

I am in a rock and a hard palce. I have finished making an online shop that integrates with a PC based physical shop program.

I am about to sell the shop and the exe file that rips the data from the PC's database.

The prob I have is when I sell the shop to someone they will be able to see all my PHP code, (they need the files)

I also want a yearly licence fee for the shop.

I need to sort it out so that

1) the shop will only work if the registration hasn't expired, (no idea at all how to do this yet)
2) They can't just steal my php code. I have though of maybe having the PHP SQL queries stored on my server and including code that pulls them as required from my server...any ideas?

...or not worth the bother? ...trust the honour system?

(both shop and application will be getting lots of updates all the time anyway)

I've been trying to pretect PHP files for a while and I couldn't afford ZEND but I found ioncube you don't have to buy the full thing you can but credits and encode your PHP files online so you don't have to spend $100s.

Then you can just right a PHP script to check there registration and encode it and nobody will be able to edit it. I wouldn't bother having the SQL querys on your server since if the script can get 'em then the user can.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.