#1 shocker-z

shocker-z
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 864 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

How can i limit the height of a select box when someone clicks on it? because atm its right to the top of the page and looks UGLY! I've searched google but not found what im needing.. maby a CSS job?
www: www.ukchat.ws | irc: irc.ukchat.ws chan: #blufudge

#2 Javizy

Javizy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

<select style="height:20px"> should do it, or you could use a class to keep styles out of the HTML.

#3 shocker-z

shocker-z
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 864 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

[!--quoteo(post=357057:date=Mar 21 2006, 07:32 PM:name=Javizy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Javizy @ Mar 21 2006, 07:32 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
<select style="height:20px"> should do it, or you could use a class to keep styles out of the HTML.
[/quote]

Nope it's not working.. :(

I've testing in IE 6, Firefox and opera with no joy..
www: www.ukchat.ws | irc: irc.ukchat.ws chan: #blufudge

#4 Gast

Gast
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

[!--quoteo(post=357060:date=Mar 21 2006, 07:46 PM:name=shocker-z)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shocker-z @ Mar 21 2006, 07:46 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Nope it's not working.. :(

I've testing in IE 6, Firefox and opera with no joy..
[/quote]

Do you mean the actual box to select itself, or the options that appear in the select box? The options that appear cannot be moved or changed, they appear where they want in different browsers. If you have a lot of options, sometimes they go right to the top of the screen which doesnt look that great I agree.

If you really want to make them appear exactly where you want them, etc. then you would have to make one in JavaScript/DHTML. Take a look around the web for free ones or how to make one.
OS and Internet Specs:
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2

Tutorials:
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users