Any chance of a script?

rustybadge

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to PHP / MySql - I know how to get a database installed etc, and configure things, that's about it.

However, I have a "real-life" problem! I need to build a very small web shop, and I would ideally want one like this:

[a href=\"http://www.thepointbristol.co.uk/organic/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.thepointbristol.co.uk/organic/[/a]

Complete with a CMS which works like this:

[a href=\"http://www.thepointbristol.co.uk/organic/cms\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.thepointbristol.co.uk/organic/cms[/a]

Do any of you kind souls have a similar script I could have? I think I could pick my way through it, style it myself, install it myself etc - and I think the process of doing this would be really useful to me.

Any knights in shining armour out there?? I asked a freelancer for help, and they wanted 2000 dollars! Anyone willing to help would be appreciated. I can't pay, but I do own this watch shop... www.theretroworld.com - so perhaps a barter?

Well the first page just seems like basic html. The second however has some authentication in it and will have to use some php for that. There are so many things you could do it is hard to find a place to start.

Do you know html?
Are you going to store all your page content in MySql??
How often will you be changing the page content??

You can use sessions or cookies for your authentication. An entire site design cannot be done in a forum.

What I would suggest, if you know html, is design your pages first. Get them all set up then put the php code in to see certain areas and authenticate pages. You can incorperate the html into the php easy enough.

Ray

[!--quoteo(post=357284:date=Mar 22 2006, 08:54 AM:name=craygo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(craygo @ Mar 22 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]357284[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Well the first page just seems like basic html. The second however has some authentication in it and will have to use some php for that. There are so many things you could do it is hard to find a place to start.

Do you know html?
Are you going to store all your page content in MySql??
How often will you be changing the page content??

You can use sessions or cookies for your authentication. An entire site design cannot be done in a forum.

What I would suggest, if you know html, is design your pages first. Get them all set up then put the php code in to see certain areas and authenticate pages. You can incorperate the html into the php easy enough.

Ray
[/quote]

Hi Ray,

I can design the pages no bother, but I want a generic code and CMS "set up" I can use again and again. One which the client can log into an attractive CMS area, upload products etc quickly and easily. A nice simple solution... I can't do it myself though. Don't know where to start....

Can you help??

Shouldn't be a problem doing what you want.

So if I get this right, you want other people to be able to go in and add catagories and products to your site??

or is the CMS, by the way what does that actually mean I am guessing like an admin panel, just for you to add and drop things from the database.

If you wish to speak with me I have AIM and my screen name is craygo69

Later

Ray

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.