moving the "topic solved" link

It would be nice to have the "topic solved" link at the top. When I go to my thread and the final post helps me, I have to scroll

ALL.........

THE.........

WAY...........

DOWN............

Especially if the number of posts is the max the page can display before it paginates (did I just make that tense up?).

Maybe have the tab at the top left where the pagination links are and have those appear above.

I am the Photoshop king............. NOT:

http://www.charlieholder.com/images/move_topic_solved.png

I'll suggest it to the writer of the mod to see what he can do.

However, wouldn't you most likely be reading the thread when you realize it's solved?  I guess you're likely to go back after testing something... but I'd say it's about 50/50.

It would be nice to have the "topic solved" link at the top. When I go to my thread and the final post helps me, I have to scroll

ALL.........

THE.........

WAY...........

DOWN............

Ctrl + PageDown ?

Switches to the next tab in FF ;)

Barand - I wouldn't say it is so much the laziness of scrolling down being the motivation to fix it, but rather to make it clearer to the newer people to the forums to know they need to press it when their topic is solved.

I know that I would never see it if I was new to the forum, even if I did know to press it, I still wouldn't know where to find it, lol. It would make more sense to put it where suggested =]

This isn't a huge issue though...just might help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to disagree about it being a mod action. OK, mods should be able to mark topics resolved, but so should the OP of the particular topic. They are the only ones who can really say if a topic is solved to their satisfaction.

If you think about it, that's the only place that it "fits".  It doesn't really go in the other tabs.

Andy/Barand... it's in the top right like charlieholder pointed out.  And I think I'd rather leave it at the top because that's where most people will be looking for it.  (hence the origional request).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.