Bizarre Behavior!

curtis_b

I've been banging my head on the wall, trying to figure out why my nested query wasn't working. All the while I've been using mozilla firefox to reload my page. When I open IE - it displays what I've been trying to do this whole time.

Immediately I assumed OHHH its a CSS issue IE vs. Mozilla.

It's not.

When I view the html source in each browser, the 2nd query results show up in IE, yet in mozilla they are non-existant.

[a href=\"http://www.7cpco.com/proofs/overview.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.7cpco.com/proofs/overview.php[/a]

The html results in question are the filenames of cookies (i was just uploading uniquely named, small files for testing). In the layout, the're scrambled around, I'm not concearned with the layout just yet.

I need to understand why the html source is different, css interpretation is one thing, but they should atleast have the same source right??

Server is Windows IIS.

Curtis is dumbfounded.

Here's the relavent chunk of code:

//populate a div full of jobs currently out for proof
$query = "SELECT * FROM proofs where Response_y_or_n='n'";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

echo '<div id="wrap"><div class="wrapflow">';
echo '<span class="title">Proofs that we are waiting on:</span><br>';
if($num_rows==0){echo '(empty)';}else{
echo '<u><span class="invoice_number">Invoice#</span><span class="customer_orgname">Customer/Org</span><span class="description">Description</span><span class="designer_name">Designer</span><span class="response_target_datetime">Approval Deadline</span><span class="customer_email">Contact</span></u><br>';

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo '<span class="invoice_number">'.$row['Invoice_Number'].'</span><span class="customer_orgname">'.$row['Customer_OrgName'].'</span><span class="description"> '.$row['Description'].'</span><span class="designer_name">'.$row['Designer_Name'].'</span><span class="response_target_datetime">'.$row['Response_Target_DateTime'].'</span><span class="customer_email"><a href="mailto:'.$row['Customer_Email'].'">'.$row['Customer_Email'].'</span></a><br>';

$row['Invoice_Number'] = $inv; //I only did this because the original $row[''] variable didn't work in query

$query2 = "SELECT * FROM proofs_versions where Invoice_Number = '$inv'";
$result2 = mysql_query($query2) or die(mysql_error());
while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2)){echo $row2['Filename'];}

}
}
echo '</div></div><br>';

//by the way, how do I put this into a php code block in the post

Thanks, Curt

This line

[code]$row['Invoice_Number'] = $inv; //I only did this because the original $row[''] variable didn't work in query[/code]

Should be this

[code]$inv = $row['Invoice_Number']; //I only did this because the original $row[''] variable didn't work in query[/code]

I know it's late, but WTF

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.