PHP Picture

joecooper

Hi Joe,

this is not really a PHP question, I think it is more of a HTML question as this will basically be the language used to call the image. I've seen sites where the right click has been disabled. I'm sure if you google "disable right click browser" you will get something.

but bear in mind the user will always be able to do an Alt-prt src and copy an image of the whole browser to the windows clipboard.

regards,
J

Yes, on in the Macromedia Dreamweaver forum there was a discussion about this. Someone thought they had supposedly found a company/software kind of thing (don't remember exactly what it was) that would keep people from stealing images. Of course, some of the people on the DW forum were able to find the direct url's to the images, so it didn't work that well. Sure it may keep the average joe out, but not someone who knows what they're doing. Now, what you could do if you really wanted, is embed it in a .swf. Then even if they save the .swf to their hard drive , they'd have to get a .swf decompiler to get it out of the .swf. That would make it much harder, but then again, it's not exactly common to put just one plain ol' image in a .swf. The right click thing don't work that well, just look at the source code for the page and you can find the url for the image. Also, I know at least with windows, depending on how the picture is put into the page, you just hover your mouse over the image, and then you can click the little save button thing.

Yeah, this isnt PHP like was said above.

You cant really protect your images from being saved at all. There is always Prnt Scrn, and then they have a copy of there screen... so no matter what they can save them... as for no right click, it doesnt affect some browsers, and browsers with javascript disabled... I know in firefox whenever I right click the alert box saying no right click comes up, and the menu that comes up with a right click still comes on, so the only thing that happens is an annoying message box... it really doesnt work.

Your best idea is to watermark your images so if theyre stolen people know where they came from.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.