Critique Us Please
Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:28 PM
Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:38 PM
Any comments on my site: [a href=\"http://anetworklive.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://anetworklive.com[/a] would be appreciated. We are a site about the show Big Brother and are looking into interactive ways for fans of the show to get the full experience. Any ways we could become more interactive or enhance our RSS feeds would also be appreciated.
Do you want critique on the design?
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application
Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:03 PM
Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:59 PM
Your code is another thing. No DTD? That' just begging for trouble from Microsoft, for whom you seem to have way too many hacks for in your code. Ever considered that your Microsoft troubles come from the lack of a document type? Basically, your code is horrible to try to read.
Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:27 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:33 AM
1. Its clear it was developed in Word or Frontpage and simply saved out. This makes for extremely unmaintainable code
2. Using images for large pieces of text is a no no - with no meaningful text on your site you wont even get a look in on search engines
3. Speaking of search engines - you have no meta keyword or description tags. Whilst the functional benefit of these tags these days is pretty limited, its a good way to get your head around how you want to be found.
4. You have too many different font styles in a single page. Stick to two or three at the absolute most.
5. I find it very confusing to move around. In your top navigation you have links going to external pages and modules with completely different styles. It makes for a convoluted structure.
Not having a dig at the site - Just trying to provide some feedback.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users