[SOLVED] flash->php->sql->php->flash

tome

Hi there, i've got a flash based video site, i'm working on integrating a guestbook so users can leave comments about the videos.

this is my communication scheme:

flash->php->sql->php->flash

my write function works great and the user can leave a comment based on unique titleID (video number)

but i'm having a hard time fetching entries related to the current playing video, in my flash output window i can see that my videoID variable (video number) is passed from flash to php using loadVars so i assume that i've got a problem with my php script. This is the code I'm using in php to fetch data from sql:

$id=mysql_escape_string($_GET['videoID']);

$sql = "SELECT * FROM $table WHERE titleID = $id";

any ideas?

ok it's working now thank you, however i fetch zero entries even though i've got comments for the video playing stored in the database. i added this php print code:

print '<PRE style="text-align:left;">'; print_r($sql); die("<P>Script Halted...</P>"); print '</PRE>';

and when i test it online i get this sql quary:

SELECT * FROM guestbook WHERE titleID = '000000000?videoID=000000000' ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 0, 10Script Halted...

while the sql quary that will yield results should be:

SELECT * FROM guestbook WHERE titleID = '000000000' ORDER BY `time` DESC LIMIT 0, 10

somehow i pass my variable twice???

this is my flash request:

myEntries = new LoadVars();

myEntries.ref = this

myEntries.videoID = videoID

myEntries.sendAndLoad("GuestBook.php?action=read&r="+random(999)+"&NumLow="+_parent.NumLow+"&videoID="+videoID,myEntries,"GET");

and again my php code:

$id=mysql_escape_string($_GET['videoID']);

$sql = "SELECT * FROM $table WHERE titleID = '$id'";

any ideas?

well i'm testing but it seems fine to me yet i still get the ? after my titleID number at the flash output window.

this is my flash code:

myEntries = new LoadVars();

myEntries.sendAndLoad("GuestBook.php?action=read&r="+random(999)+"&NumLow="+_parent.NumLow+"&videoID="+videoID,myEntries,"GET");

and this is how it looks in the output window:

"/GuestBook.php?action=read&r=634&NumLow=0&videoID=00000000?"

how do i get rid of the ? after the id number...???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.