Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tgs

table...switch() idk

Okay, I have a switch() set up...kind of...in a table. Anyway, I can get the defualt done (not that difficult)
Now...my problem. coding my links so that open the different files in the switch.
Thanks, hope that explains it well enough.

[!--quoteo(post=358182:date=Mar 25 2006, 10:07 AM:name=tgs)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tgs @ Mar 25 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]358182[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Okay, I have a switch() set up...kind of...in a table. Anyway, I can get the defualt done (not that difficult)
Now...my problem. coding my links so that open the different files in the switch.
Thanks, hope that explains it well enough.
[/quote]

Well I don't know exactly if this is exactly what you mean, but the easiest way is to use $_GET. Say if you have a page that is called "example.php" and you want to have 5 different sections to that page, you could have "example.php?id=1", "example.php?id=2", "example.php?id=3" and so on...

To do this and include a relevant file have this:

[code]<?php
switch($_GET['id']) {

default :
    include("defaultpage.php");
    break;

case "1" :
    include("page1.php");
    break;    

case "2" :
    include("page2.php");
    break;    

}
?>[/code]

Hope that helps.

No that wasn't what I meant. I meant uhm...like using text links to run those.

[!--quoteo(post=358327:date=Mar 25 2006, 01:40 PM:name=tgs)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tgs @ Mar 25 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]358327[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
No that wasn't what I meant. I meant uhm...like using text links to run those.
[/quote]

Yes, the code the other person posted will work.

[code]
<?php
switch($_GET['id']) {

default :
    include("defaultpage.php");
    break;

case "1" :
    include("page1.php");
    break;    

case "2" :
    include("page2.php");
    break;    

}
?>
[/code]

then on the link, you'd have
[code]echo '<a href="otherpage.php?id=1">click here to go to otherpage.php and do everything under case "1"</a>';[/code]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.