File Uploading Problem

hitesh

Ok. here m giving you the full detail of the work what  m trying to get it done..

I am opening a file from server thru a Web browser.

that mean I make users to see the file in web browser.

Mind you file will be seen in web browser but it will get open using appropriate application.

Like... if user want to see DOC file user will be accessing a file in browser but it will be open in MS Word withing that browser. Because I want that user to make change in that file.

And when he finish making changes in that file should be uploaded again in the server with those changes..

DONT WANT to MAKE USER TO DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD that file again....

NOw can anyone suggest me how can I achieve this?

>> file will be seen in web browser but it will get open using appropriate application.

Yeah, good luck with that. I don't see how you can make a web editable file in .doc format.

>>user will be accessing a file in browser but it will be open in MS Word withing that browser.

Different users' computers will handle the the 'doc type' in different ways. I know that some users have MSWord integration with their web browsers, but the majority do not. How would you propose making this accessible to someone like me, running Ubuntu Linux and Open Office as opposed to Windoze and M$Word?  :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.