server monitoringg (windows)

marksie1988

hey,

is there a way that i can monitor the uptime with a percentage of servers?

i basically am setting up an intranet and would like people to know what the uptime of the server is i know that there are products out there that do this but they all monitor web services and linux machines, but i need it to monitor multiple windows servers and turn it into a percentage can use php and mysql or mssql if required

if anyone knows of a FREE script that does this or could let me know how i could do this that would be great as i dont have a clue :)

Cheers

hi marksie1988,

It'd be much easier to do on a linux server, but here's a way for a windows server,

<?
echo shell_exec('net statistics server');
?>

One of the returned lines it the servers start time, which you could then mktime() with and parse the difference from the current time. Good luck.

can this also be done for different servers that arent running on php?

all i could think of is that it would need to ping the pc and record it say every 5 minutes and then use those recordings to work out a percentage for a certain ammount of time

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.