#1 playaz

playaz
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Hi guys,

I have created a simple form and jazzed up the appearance, it looks fine in IE but Firefox renders the <fieldset> tag differently and looks kinda ugly :(

Can anyone suggest a way around this, I like how IE renders it and want a similar look.

Thanks in advance

#2 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

Just use this CSS code: fieldset { css here } and legend { css here }. Put in your code to re-create it, and it works!
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#3 Gast

Gast
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

[!--quoteo(post=358884:date=Mar 27 2006, 02:56 PM:name=playaz)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(playaz @ Mar 27 2006, 02:56 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi guys,

I have created a simple form and jazzed up the appearance, it looks fine in IE but Firefox renders the <fieldset> tag differently and looks kinda ugly :(

Can anyone suggest a way around this, I like how IE renders it and want a similar look.

Thanks in advance
[/quote]

If you mean that the legend part is curved in IE but square in Firefox, then the only way to sort this out is to use images. Yeah, it might be the easiest way but if you really want it to be curved in all browsers, then screen shot the IE legend.

OS and Internet Specs:
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2

Tutorials:
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users