404 Error

vickyjackson

Hi,

Have created a php form to send contact information from my website - the form is sent by email which is recieved instantly but I then get an error (404) saying contact_form.php cannot be found. (This is the page with the php code to send the email which is working. )

the code can be seen below.

<?php

$sent = mail($myemail, $subject, $forminfo, "From: <$email>");
if($sent)
{
header("Location: [a href=\"http://www.something.co.uk/thankyou.php?name=$_POST\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.something.co.uk/thankyou.php?name=$_POST[/a][name]");
}
else
{
echo 'Sorry, your message could not be sent at this time. Please try again or email us directly.';
}
?>

It is not redirecting to the page I ask it to!!

Please help - taken me a long time to get this form working as my hosting company had me on a server which didn't support it!!

Thanks,
Vicky

error 404 is generated by the server not the PHP code! therefore your problem is that the page contact_form.php has not been saved on the server.. try uploading test.txt with just sumet like test written inside and see if you can access it because u may be uploading to wrong folder..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.