Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darkcarnival

going from table to table in mysql question

hi,

i plan to improve a part of my script and it will require spliting a table into 2.

now my question is, what way would be easiest in moving data into another table?

[!--quoteo(post=358997:date=Mar 27 2006, 02:30 PM:name=darkcarnival)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(darkcarnival @ Mar 27 2006, 02:30 PM) [snapback]358997[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hi,

i plan to improve a part of my script and it will require spliting a table into 2.

now my question is, what way would be easiest in moving data into another table?

[/quote]

if at all possible, i'd recommend using the [a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ansi-diff-select-into-table.html\" target=\"_blank\"]SELECT INTO TABLE[/a] syntax

well i know of a way to do it but it will require alot of extra work and i was hoping there was a built-in function to better ease this.

but I'll read up on this kind of query and give it shot, hopefully it'll be what I'm looking for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.