Form submit has a content limit?

Guest MrLeN

Guest MrLeN
I have created a form that writes content to a text file. But the submit button wont work if I add a certain amount of content. It's not THAT much content, maybe a couple of hundred lines - max. Then when I remove some content, it works again. Is there a submit limit? If so, how can I remove it? I don't want a limit.

MrLeN

Guest MrLeN
I don't have an action specified.

I will try Post and see what happens.

I have my own server. Maybe I can change it so I can post more information.

I just tried post and get. Now the form doesn't work. Maybe I will remove the action all together and see what happens.

Nope, that doesn't work either :(

When I hit submit it does nothing. It's like the submit button is dead. It works again if I remove a bit of content. Where are the server settings?

I just counted. I am only trying to add 53 short lines of text. I hope this isn't going to be another thing that wil stop development for a day or two. Argh.

MrLeN

Just a note on the matter of changing server settings. I would recommend you only do this to fix problems if you are going to run the server yourself. If you change these limits on your development server to get around problems you encounter then you must do so on the primary server as well and if you use shared level hosting they probably won't let you make these changes.

Guest MrLeN
True, eventually this script will wind up for sale, for a small fee. I guess I should endeavor to keep it as standard as possible.

MrLeN

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.