MySQL Priviliges - I'm dumbfounded

Mattmanx

Hey guys,

I\'m running Windows Server 2003 and set up a database for a simple website I\'m working on. I\'m using phpMyadmin. Over the weekend, the power went out in my office and the server was restarted. Now, when I load up phpMyadmin, or when my website tries to access the database, I get incorrect user/pass. I can still log into phpMyadmin as root, though I think thats only because anyuser@localhost will work. When i look in the privilige tables, even after flushing and reloading them, I can still see my usual username. I even created a new user with a password successfully, and then tried logging in to no avail.

For some reason, I have a feeling that some security setting changed with windows server 2003. Does anyone have any clue what I should do, I\'m so frustrated!?

TIA

Matt

When dealing with users table in MySQL, you need to restart the MySQL server to make changes effective.

In PHPMyAdmin, when you deal with users (from version 2.4.0 I think) the service is automatically restarted (tell me if I\'m wrong). I remember creating new users in MySQL in an older version of PHPMyAdmin and I had to restart the server each time I wanted the newly created user to be active. You can restart MySQL with PHPMyAdmin on the home page (Restart MySQL).

This should work. Also, if you set the users in your db but didn\'t restarted MySQL and your server crashed, this explains why you should really restart MySQL when you do modifications on users.

JP.

Nope, I tried that already... I\'ve reloaded mysql, restarted the server, flushed privilege tables, etc. It still says access denied. Also, when I log in with root and type in the password I have for root, that won\'t work either. The only thing I can do is get in by typing root and no pw.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.