Push in right direction with a colour picker

Humpty

G'day Guys a few Q's to try and get a push in the right direction.

What I want to do:
I want users to be able to use a colour picker to select background colours etc...I will store these in a database and call them as required.

Questions:
1) Can this be done with PHP?
2) What comands / functions should I be looking for.

(I wouldn't mind having it do it without reloading the page however I think that would require java. Any ideas on the commands / functions to search for for that) (I know it's a php forum)

Thanks guys

You could echo the colors as a table background and then use an onclick to show the color code it depends what kind of color pallet your trying to do.. are you doing it just as a colour palet where they clcik the colour they want and then it shows the colour code e.g. [!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]red[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] and when clicked it will show #FF0000 the bottom as the colour code.

[!--quoteo(post=359188:date=Mar 28 2006, 04:09 AM:name=shocker-z)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shocker-z @ Mar 28 2006, 04:09 AM) [snapback]359188[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
are you doing it just as a colour palet where they clcik the colour they want and then it shows the colour code e.g. [!--coloro:#FF0000--][span style=\"color:#FF0000\"][!--/coloro--]red[!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--] and when clicked it will show #FF0000 the bottom as the colour code.
[/quote]

Yeah I've been playing with that Idea, but i had trouble creating a loop for a colour pallet.

I have found a nifty JS script, I think I will use that, it shows a few differnet standard pallets with a bunch of colours wort having, (not like what i have been toying with.

The idea is to allow admin staff of an online shop to specify the colour of certain cells and certain texts.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.