Classes - Extend

kyle2005

Hi all,

I am new to the class business and would like to find out how I will be able to do the following.

Let’s say my class structure looks as follows.

account.php

account/make.php
account/del.php
account/edit.php
account/login.php
account/logout.php

And I have a main class called account { }

And each time I need to make a new account I just use the acc_make extend account

But how does that work.

Any one with time that might have a site that explains this or any help would be nice.

Thanks

I haven't dealt with extending, so you might just have to ignore my answer (and maybe explain your class a little better)... but why wouldn't you just create a new instance of the class for a new account?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]But I am sort off trying to do what the pear packages are doing, with the extend.[/quote]
Why?

I meen really... If you dont understand OOP concepts, then just trying to do something without understanding the why wont help.

Id'e recommend googling for the book [i]thinking in java[/i]. It is a great resource for learning OOP concepts, and java's syntax really isn't too far removed from php's.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.