Need help find web-based editor

zenman

I am looking for a solution to have our volunteers be able to update our webpages online without needing to use dedicated software like frontpage or others. I need help finding a good GPL or otherwise free web-based html editor that can be used to edit entire static html pages online or tagged parts of html documents. Since we don't use Windows, the software also needs to be able to be used with Firefox and hosted from a linux/unix PHP server.

I have been searching on the web and the only ones I have found are either commercial ones or ones that require windows and internet explorer. Please help by pointing me to some solutions you are aware of.
Thank you!

[!--quoteo(post=359426:date=Mar 28 2006, 03:36 PM:name=thezenman)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(thezenman @ Mar 28 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]359426[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I am looking for a solution to have our volunteers be able to update our webpages online without needing to use dedicated software like frontpage or others. I need help finding a good GPL or otherwise free web-based html editor that can be used to edit entire static html pages online or tagged parts of html documents. Since we don't use Windows, the software also needs to be able to be used with Firefox and hosted from a linux/unix PHP server.

I have been searching on the web and the only ones I have found are either commercial ones or ones that require windows and internet explorer. Please help by pointing me to some solutions you are aware of.
Thank you!
[/quote]

Not sure if this fits under your comercial category, but its a pretty slick editor
[a href=\"http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]MoxieCode Editor[/a]

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I am looking more at a full php implementation that I can just install and begin using. While I dabble in simple PHP programming, I think a project like this might be out of my league. THank you.

FCK looks good, but again, I don't have the skills yet to build a PHP application to validate users and allow them to bring up web pages to edit using the tool. There's got to be some open-source software out there that does what I need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.