Blog Critique

aQ

Hello out there!

I want critique on this page. Simple, yes, that's what I wanted it to be. I am kind of minimalistic, and don't like big fancy überphotoshopped websites. (By the way, all graphics on my site is done in Gimp.)

Thank you, I hope you like it.

-- aQ

I've made it all myself, I have used a blog-script though, but that is just for the back-end, not the layout / design.

Thank you ober!

More critique would be great, there is always something that I could have done better.  :)

You could use a "visited" link color... maybe hide the ad header if there are no ads... I'm not sure what else to say... colors are good, layout is blog-like... everything looks proportional... eh?

Haha, you're using an adblocker, eh? Well, there is a google-ad there, check the source.  ;)

Thank you for critique, I'll have a look at my links.

Edited:

I've added a "visited-change". The menu-links will turn a darker color, and the blog-post links will turn darker, and get an underline. Looks better?

Its broken in IE6.

http://www.burkesys.com/~sburke/phpfreaks/aq.jpg

Your header could do with a title. Or, perhaps you could stick the post "Welcome to...." at the top of the blog, so it will be seen first.

The right menu is a bit wide, but thats just been picky!

Also, you might want to require people to register before they comment. Or install akismet or a captcha or something.

Looks good though.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.