[SOLVED] framework...?

I'm about to start work on a new project. Unfortunately I can't give out the details just yet but I am deciding on whether or not I should implement a framework. I have very little experience with frameworks and if I did use one, it would need a shallow learning curve.

The project will involves lots of database queries and transactions so whatever I go with, I need to be able to apply lots of complex queries and such with ease.

It doesn't need to be very extensive or have a big library. Preferably, I'd like an MVC framework so long as it's capable of rendering various data models from the DB without a whole lot of custom development. As I said, I'm a novice to frameworks and classes in general so the easier, the better.  ;D

Once I get it running, I'll be posting here for contributors to provide a small amount of engaging volunteer work with the benefit of free promotion and resume-building experience and what have you.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time guys.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.