half done

jcombs_31

I'm about halfway done creating the site that I started a logo thread about.

http://www.multimedia-technologies.com/clientsites/mytech/index.php

So far the index/about/services pages are started.  I wanted to get an opinion on where it is going.  Not that the about page is missing the info for the support staff, but will have a small photo and info about the main people in the company.  I'm also planning to add something into the laptop screen (any cool ideas?). 

I just started on the services page.

Also, having trouble finding the best option for transparent pngs in IE6.  I had to download a buggy version of IE6 since I'm already upgraded on IE7 on my box.  I tried the method on the twinhelix site but it screwed up some positioning when I used it. I want an easy method for images and background images.  What do you guys use?  I've never really used pngs before but I like them and would like to use more often.

I think you've done an excellent job!  I've actually used two of those photos myself on different projects...the fingers keyboard one and the orangish computer screens...LOL...stock xchange?  For the computer screen why not take a screen shot of the page itself and stick that in there?  Well whatever you do, you've presented the business very well.

I think you've done an excellent job!  I've actually used two of those photos myself on different projects...the fingers keyboard one and the orangish computer screens...LOL...stock xchange?  For the computer screen why not take a screen shot of the page itself and stick that in there?  Well whatever you do, you've presented the business very well.

Yes, I used stock xchange, but it is very limited.  I guess I need to not be cheap and actual purchase good stock photos for projects.

I added in a contact page. 

calabiyau: I've checked them out, stock xchange I think owns them. They have some pretty good photos.  I guess I should sign up for some credits.  I'm managed to pretty much knock this one out.  Thanks on the reflections, some of them are a pain, especially the laptop one.  You really have to do some image manipulation to get them to look right.

I know, I never use AOL and didn't even know until someone mentioned it.  Anyway.  The site is about done and moved to the correct domain.  I have my web portfolio in the site because I will be getting that work subcontracted to me.  One of the owners is a good friend of mine and we're working out the details of working together.

http://mytechtogo.com/

Let me know what you think.

Well that's an extremely professional design, I really like it. A design like that will make customers want to choose you. I think it's funny when people set up services for web design and what-not and their site looks like it was designed by a blind 5 year old on paper with crayons.  :D

Anyway again good job, nice and simple but not too simple.  :)

You have a nice looking site, but you might want to check these things:

Typo under "Static Web Site" - you have "Custon Design" - should be "Custom Design" - right?

Page URL: http://www.multimedia-technologies.com/clientsites/mytech/services.php?page=web

I didn't look close at every page, but you might want to do some spell checking - just in case.

Also, you may want to add some type of indication of which fields are required on your contact page; before someone does not fill out a field that you have set to be required. Right now they have to find out the hard way. Just as a rule of thumb; I usually do this to all of my required form fields (a star or something would work).

Besides the above things, looks pretty good...........

It looks good, except for the text-the contrast between the background and the text could be improved significantly. Maybe you should give it a white background instead for the content?

You must have some pretty bad eyes or a bad monitor because I can't see there being any contrast problem. It is a very dark grey against a very light grey.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.