Old config: Plesk 7.5.4 with PHP 4.3.8 running Apache 2.0.50 on Fedora
New Config: Plesk 7.5.4 with PHP 4.3.11 running Apache 2.0.53 on Fedora
The code in question is on an HTML page: <!--#include virtual="includes/header.php" -->Works perfectly on old server, all the header/footer and right sections of the site are all PHP SSI, but on the new server the page will not even display. Gives a "The page cannot be displayed" error.
I have tried to replace them with SHTML on the new server and it works fine, so SSI is turned on properly. All my PHP pages of the site do work properly and all the PHP SSI on PHP pages work perfectly. Just when I have PHP SSI in .HTML files that it craps out.
I tried a bunch of .htaccess edits but none of them fully satisfied me as they either serve the HTML page with the PHP SSI but then non of the stand alone PHP pages worked anymore or even worse I get asked to download the file.
I have tried (without success) the following in the .htaccess:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .htmlGive out a: "The page cannot be displayed" error
text/x-server-parsed-html .html AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .htmGives me a: "500 Internal Server Error"
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .html .htmBut then it only parses half the page.
Some people suggested that I needed in my httpd.conf file:
AddType text/html .shtml AddHandler server-parsed .shtml AddHandler server-parsed .html XBitHack On AddType text/html .shtml AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml .htmlMy httpd.conf file is already set that way. My belief is that it can be solved with an edit on the .htaccess but cannot find the good combo of edits to make it all work as before.
Since the site is well indexed and ranked by search engine, converting all my pages to PHP is not an option. Changing to SHTML all the includes is not an option either as I have dynamic script in the PHP includes.
If you believe you can be of help to solve the problem please let me know.