How to create an excel like filter?

breadnbutter

Hi Guys

I'm pretty new to php but have been getting into it on and off over the past year. I pretty much am comfortable getting a search script going and coming back of the data base. But I am trying to think of a way to get php to find duplicats in certain columns and either display then, or only one of them.

Its basically like the advanced filter tool in excel.

I have a large DB that gets added to by multiple sources. Occasionaly info is entered in twice by different people and I need to create an online facility to then weed these out. Basically I need to look at 2 or three columns and look for entries that are the same.

I've tried planning this out in my head, and I was wondering if there was a "same as" or "Equal to " syntax that may work.

You could run something like this:
[code]<?php
$query = "SELECT     field1, COUNT(field1) AS Cnt
FROM         tablename
GROUP BY field1
HAVING      (COUNT(field1) > 1) ";
?>[/code]

That assumes you can use the HAVING clause in your DBMS.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.