using mysql and php as offline inventory manager for a shop

ryks

hi, i just wanted to find out if i can use a web server like wamp server and php together with mysql as an invenoty manager that will keep track of stocks, their prices and sales for a day. This will be offline. I wanted to use visual basic but am too used to php now that i will prfer building it like this. Are there any security risks?

i am developing an entire application offline. Its for a small shop. they should be able to enter sales, check their invenotry and add new items to the inventory. So am goint to use a webserver, php and mysql instead of probably visual basic with mysql/access as the database.

if you put the application on a standalone pc it will only be vulnerable by physical tampering.  however if it is on a internet connected pc you would be vulnerable to internet attacks, but that’s everyone connected to the internet so in souldent be any extra risk.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.