Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barrow

Exporting a database?

I have a database on one server and need to move it to another. Is there a way to export the database to a .sql file so I can just run it on my new server and poof my database it there?

are you using phpmyadmin? if you are i can give you detailed instructions (yeah, all 4 mouse clicks :P ) but i wont bother unless you do.

Nope, on the server with the database I only have webmin which I don\'t like too much so I telnet in.

Well, i\'m a newb and was hoping there was already a function written that did this something like . Export(directorypath, filename.sql) oh well.

hmm...on my linux partition i have a phpmyadmin install...i might get around to looking at the php file/function used to make the sql file. No promises though

Only one way to not be a newbie anymore, just expirement, read that URL i gave you, it is only like 4 to 5 major functions and your done....

mysql_list_dbs() - List databases available on a MySQL server

mysql_list_fields() - List MySQL result fields

mysql_list_tables() - List tables in a MySQL database

It is really quite easy...

BS :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.